Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Missouri Chapter

My last post was a bit depressing - but hopefully it provided hope or comfort for others going through the same thing.
My office building
After 9 months of wrong roads - I can finally say I found the right path. After months of interviews and exploring many options - I have found a new adventure in Rolla, Missouri!
I will be working with the Wellness and Counseling office as a health educator doing prevention work with the students for Missouri University of Science and Technology (MST). This is a shift I am looking forward to as I seek to further my career. I have enjoyed working with a local public health department, but have missed the passion that comes from working with students. I will be moving from Utah mid-November. I found a darling little house 10 minutes from work and it looks like its from a storybook. I will live there for about 2 months while the landlord finishes a little farmhouse on 160 acres that they own - and then move in there. The landlords younger sister lives in the temporary home.  I know there will be a lot of changes and it will be difficult to be so far from family and friends. Thank you for all the prayers on my behalf as I have searched for the right thing.
Once again, I have seen the Lord's hand in my life as everything has perfectly and quickly fell into place. God works in patterns, and I knew (even though it was hard) that this same pattern would follow if I was patient and faithful.

Also, before all this news, I got brave and chopped off all my hair. GULP!!! We'll see what the humidity does to this....

No comments:

Post a Comment