Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

For the strength of the not so youthful

First off, I love looking at all the people that read my blog. I have at least one or two avid readers in Russia, and I would love to hear your comments, whoever you are, and thank you for reading. I love being able to put my life into the air and share it with whomever stumbles upon it.

In the church, the youth (12-18) are given a booklet outlying council and suggestions for helping you grow up to be a strong faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. There is advice about what kind of music to listen to, to understanding how important studying The Bible and Book of Mormon are. All of this is to help us to avoid temptations and be the best we can be.  One suggestion is on the type of media we view. This weekend I had an experience that I never thought I would as an almost 26 year old. I try to pick uplifting media, I am not always perfect at this but I try. This week it was proposed to watch a rather violent gory film. I declined and asked that we watch something else. Ironically as the youngest person in the crowd, I was surprised that I was the only one that felt that the movie wasn't appropriate.  It was a little awkward, but I'm grateful that they were willing to watch something else. (I hope that if any of those people are reading this, that you aren't offended by my thoughts! Personal thoughts on my own actions, nothing to do with yours) - This experience just helped me realize that this "For strength of youth" booklet isn't just for the youth of the church, but for every person in the church, and every person in the world. I again am going to go back to my good, better, best theme I often quote (you can read my old post here) - What do I really want to bring into my life? In General Conference (which is a two day meeting where we here from the Prophet and Apostles hearing messages of hope and direction - click here to learn more.) one speaker phrased the question - What think Christ of me?  I ask myself that question that often. His opinion is really one of the only ones that matters.  Anyway, I'm enjoying all my lovely new friends and the wonderful examples they are to me. Vernal is becoming comfortable and content. But, I am also grateful for all of the things that I am able to learn about myself.

For Easter weekend, I was able to spend sometime in Salt Lake for Camille's bridal shower. Love that girl.
 I then went to check the new City Creek shopping center with my friend Crystal. We stopped by the Tiffany & Co. store. Gorgeous ridiculously over priced jewelry. These Hepburn-esque sunglasses were $500. It kinda made me sick to my stomach a little.


 Easter Sunday I was able to spend a lovely few minutes talking to my Dad. After church i spent the day with my friends Lyndsi and Erica, including our own egg-hunt in my backyard.
It was a lovely Easter Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment